Heidi Lee Komaromi, AAA
“Heidi has guided clients in building first-class international collections of contemporary art.” -Michael Gitlitz, Marlborough Gallery Director
New York-based art advisor, Heidi Lee Komaromi has 17 years of experience in the art world building and maintaining collections for individuals, estates and Fortune 500 companies. In 2002, she founded HLK Art Group servicing clients on all aspects of collection management (ie. art acquisitions, curation, cataloguing, market analysis and logistics coordination). Selected clients include UBS, JP Morgan Chase, Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, Capital Group, Exxon, A.T. Kearney, Soho House and The Standard Hotel.
Over the years, Heidi has acquired and evaluated over three thousand works of Contemporary and Modern art from emerging and established artists such as Andy Warhol, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Damien Hirst, Ellsworth Kelly and Mark Rothko, among many others. Having dealt extensively with the art market, she has an encyclopedic knowledge of art and a keen ability to source and evaluate fine art objects.
She was Director at Artnet, the world’s largest art data company and Director of Waterhouse & Dodd, a 30 year old British gallery. Prior to that, Heidi founded EditionedArt, the first online gallery to sell a curated selection of limited editions by contemporary artists. Recently, she was Lead Curator for Twyla, an e-commerce site funded by Silicon Valley investors GV, Redpoint and IVP.
Heidi holds a master’s degree from Christie’s Education and is a USPAP qualified art appraiser.
The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Art + Auction, Artinfo, Whitewall, Inspire, Fox News
AWARDS & LEADERSHIP
- Won Affirmation Arts Curatorial Grant for ‘Street Smart’, an exhibition featuring critically acclaimed artists Keith Haring, Shepard Fairey, Robert Williams and Ron English, 2010
- Christie’s Education Alumni Society, Chairman, 2006-2011 (twice elected)
- Guggenheim Museum, Young Collectors Council, Acquisitions Committee (2005-2009)
- American Friends of the Sheba Medical Center, SILC Board Member, 2010-2012
- New Museum, Co-chairman, Contemporary Council, 2010
- Art Connects New York, Board Member, 2009 – 2011
- ArtTable, Board member, 2013 – 2016
- Friends of The Budapest Festival Orchestra, Board Member, 2017 – Present
Stanley Kubrick’s New York, Untitled Magazine
Sol LeWitt: Works on Paper (1983 – 2003), Waterhouse & Dodd Gallery Catalogue
Art Explosion in the Far East, Inspire Magazine
- Sotheby’s Institute
- Phillips Auction House
- Harvard Business School Club
- Rotary Club
- Art Southampton
- One Art Nation
- Fashion Institute of Art
Museum of Modern Art, New Museum, Guggenheim Museum, Whitney Museum, Parrish Art Museum, Philippe Charriol Foundation, ArtTable, the Appraisers Association of America
Contact us for a complimentary consultation today!
Email email@example.com | Tel: 917-882-7944
244 Madison Avenue, Suite PHE, New York, NY 10016
"Heidi's enthusiasm and amazing capacity to put herself out there a hundred and fifty percent make her a valuable asset to any great endeavor."