Art advisor and curator, Heidi Lee Komaromi, AAA has 17 years of professional experience specializing in Post-War and Contemporary art. Her advisory was built on her encyclopedic knowledge of the art market, solid reputation in the industry and proven track record for delivering reliable art services with the utmost integrity.
Heidi has acquired and evaluated over three thousand works of Contemporary and Modern art and excuted numerous curations. She has been responsible for all aspects of collection management from buying individual artworks to cataloguing large scale collections. She has worked with private collectors, nonprofits and companies such as UBS, Marina Bay Sands, Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, Exxon, A.T. Kearney, and JP Morgan Chase.
A pioneer in the art industry, Heidi founded EditionedArt in 2010, the first online consignment gallery for contemporary limited editions. She also co-curated a multimillion-dollar art platform for an ecommerce site funded by Silicon Valley investors GV, Redpoint and IVP.
Heidi was awarded a curatorial grant from Affirmation Arts for her exhibition on Urban art. She holds a Masters Degree in Modern Art from Christie’s Education and is a certified member of the Appraisers Association of America (AAA).
MEMBERSHIPS & SUPPORTED ORGANIZATIONS
- Whitney Museum of Art, member since 2001
- Museum of Modern Art, Patron and member since 2006
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, member since 2004
- New Museum, member since 2010
- Artadia, member since 2018
- ArtTable, Board Member, 2013-14. Member since 2008.
- Appraisers Association of America, Certified member since 2007.
- Parrish Art Museum, Contemporary Circle Committee, 2019-Present
- JP Morgan Chase
- Christie’s Auction House
- Sotheby’s Auction House
- Phillip’s Auction House
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Carbone and Molloy
- AXA Art Insurance
- Appraisers Assoc. of America
AWARDS & LEADERSHIP
- Won Affirmation Arts Curatorial Grant for ‘Street Smart’, an exhibition featuring critically acclaimed artists Keith Haring, Shepard Fairey, Robert Williams and Ron English, 2010
- Christie’s Education Alumni Society, Chairman, 2006-11 (twice elected)
- Artadia, Contemporary Council and Ambassador Circle, 2018 – present
- Guggenheim Museum, Young Collectors Council, Acquisitions Committee, 2005-09
- New Museum, Co-chairman, Contemporary Council, 2010
- Art Connects New York, Board Member, 2009-11
- ArtTable, Board member, 2013-16
- Friends of The Budapest Festival Orchestra, Board Member, 2017 – present
- American Friends of the Sheba Medical Center, SILC Board Member, 2010-12